Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 December 2011

SAVE THE DATE - AFTER CHRISTMAS

There are some assumptions that ought to be put on the back-burner. Preferably to burn. I have an allergic reaction to being asked to "save the date" at this time of year. Firstly - who are these uber-organised busy bodies that are already forward-planning dinner parties in March 2012 when most mortals are at the epicentre of the social storm known as Christmas? I can't be alone in focusing on the next ten days and treating them as a military operation, can 1? Also I don't own a diary ( yet). I'm rather hoping Santa is going to bring me one. An blank one, devoid of any commitments  whatsoever. The joy of a new diary to me is its emptiness. The promise of expectation and hope over experience. Please "save the date" until after Christmas, then any invitation will be gratefully received. Any that are issued right now I'm treating as a threat to my sanity.  

1 comment:

  1. Well said! Have a super happy Christmas and lots of love x

    ReplyDelete