Total Pageviews

Monday 12 December 2011

THE BUBBLE BURSTS


Ever noticed how everything to do with fashion now goes "pop"? A new lipstick is described as making ones lips "pop", a colourful scarf gives one a "pop" of colour, there are "pop-up" shops on every street; pop is the new black this winter. It reminds me of Andy Warhol - the self-annointed Master of Pop-Art - who predicted everyone would have their 15 minutes of fame. It seems now every adjective has its moment of glory too. Pop! Pop! Pop! Come Spring we will undoubtably have embraced a new word and "pop" will have vanished. Not with a bang..... but with a pop.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,forgive the intrusion. I wanted to contact John but I do not know how so I thought I would do so via your blog. I am presently doing my family tree - John is a cousin (via The Nathan Family about which he might not be aware of - they incidentally were the Costumiers who merged with Bermans and are now Angels) and I wondered if he would like to view it. Another cousin, though not John's, is the film producer / writer Robin Dalton (Oscar & Lucinda, Madame Sousatzka etc) , now aged 93, who said she knew John and would vouch for me should I make contact. Constance Cummings who appeared with John's Mother Kay in 'Blithe Spirit' was married to mine & Robin's cousin the playwright Bobs Levy. Anyway, if you think John or children might be interested please contact me at dljmann@outlook.com.
    Best wishes Dominic

    ReplyDelete